Interview with Simply Sweet by Darci
As a local wedding DJ it is important to know how to communicate and coordinate not only with the bride and groom but also with the other vendors that are helping with the event. It takes a village to put together a wedding and it is crucial that all vendors are respectful and courteous to each other to help the day run smoothly. In light of this, we would like to highlight some of the local wedding professionals we often work with and whom we highly recommend to our clients for their special day! Here’s a bit of Q & A with Albuquerque’s very own Darci Rochau who owns Simply Sweet by Darci.
- Tell us a little about yourself and your company. My name is Darci Rochau and I am the owner of Simply Sweet by Darci, a small cake shop that caters to your individual needs and style.
- What made you want to start your own bakery? I wanted to please people, and what better way than feeding them cake on their special day?!
- What do you love to do when you’re not at work? Spend time with my family.
- How long have you been in business? Oh my… 20 years now!
- How do you hope your company will look in 5 years? I am actually very pleased with how it is going currently, that is what makes me different. I am a small business and love to personally customize each and every cake with my couples. I know each and every person that walks through my door, you’re not just a number.
- What would your ideal event look like? What would it include? This is a hard one. Ideal to me is making your cake ideal to you! I want your cake to not only look how you envisioned, but taste even better.
- What makes your company unique or different? I meet and consult with every one of my clients, bake the cake, and deliver it. I am a one woman show and each cake is extremely important to me as well as the couple I am creating it for.
- What do you love most about weddings and events? Making couples happy!
- What tips do you have for clients? Anything can be re-created but it is nice to be open to new ideas and understand what will visually work best and what will not.
- What is something you hate seeing in your industry? Cutting corners. When a couple comes to you, they are entrusting you with a portion of the most special day of their lives. It’s important to do whatever it takes to make sure the day of comes together flawlessly. A lot of sweat, stress and money goes into planning a wedding and as a vendor it is our job to make sure their dream comes to life and is everything they could have imagined and more!
Make your grand intro or first dance FIRE! We're now offering a Sparkler Fountain feature. This indoor/outdoor sparkler fountain is safe and non-toxic, does not produce any smoke, and will not burn if it touches your skin. This lighting feature will dazzle your guests...
We are thrilled to have been voted the best in NM 7 years in a row! We love having the opportunity to celebrate with each and every client. Thank you to everyone who voted! We really appreciate you! Check out PWG's blog about the vendor party and announcement of New...
Erin & Zach had an amazing wedding at the beautiful Casa de Suenos. We loved their unique song selections! We provided music and mics for their ceremony and live string instruments played as people were being seated. It was a lovely day. They entered into their...
We had an amazing time at the Hyatt Tamaya celebrating Chloe & Adam's wedding. It was so beautiful and the party kept going all night! Alena Swanson was their wedding planner so everything went smoothly from start to finish. After an incredible ceremony, the...